Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Liebster Award!

Hey guys!

I am so excited that in the past couple of days I have been awarded the Liebster Award by both Charlotte and Hannah! So thank you both! I think you guys are so lovely and have great blogs. I'm really honored that my blog has gained so much more attention in such little time. I'm very content and expect for my blog to keep growing with time. Thank you guys again :)


The award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers.

The rules are as followed:

  • Each person must post eleven things about themselves.
  • Answer the eleven questions the tagger has set for you.
  • Choose eleven people and tag them in this post.
  • Follow the tagger and at visit at least three nominees

So without further ado.. 11 things about myself:
  1. I have not only an American high school diploma, but also an International Baccalaureate diploma. I was in the IB program all throughout middle and high school and succeeded!
  2. I am entering college as a sophomore because I graduated high school with so many credits.
  3. Both of my dad's parents are Holocaust survivors. I am a child of the Holocaust. Although it doesn't define me, it does make a difference in who I am today. (On their side I am an Eastern European Jew)
  4. I speak French fluently. I speak it with my grandparents (the ones mentioned in #3), who immigrated to the United States from Paris. 
  5. I am only 5 feet tall (152 cm for all you Europeans out there).
  6. I'm very family oriented. My family means the absolute world to me. I wouldn't be who I am without them.
  7. I want to be the next Hillary Clinton without the sleazy husband. I want to be a big deal in the diplomatic world and kick major butt.
  8. I am a major coffee and tea drinker.
  9. I have hypoglycemia, which basically means I get low blood sugars easily if I don't maintain my blood sugar.
  10. I intend on going back to Budapest, Hungary to get more information on what happened to my great grandfather and great uncle when the Nazis occupied Hungary (they perished, but...). I do speak Hungarian and am further continuing to study the Hungarian language in college.
  11. I voted in a US election twice before my 18th birthday (yes, according to the laws of my state).

Here are the 11 questions Charlotte tagged me in:
  1. Favourite book? : (Hahah us Americans spell it differently) In French, it is called "Le testament d'un poète juif assassinée". The English version is called "The Testament". It was written by Elie Wiesel, one of my idols. He was from the same town in Transylvania (Hungary back then) that my great grandmother was from, Sighet or Marmarossziget. I don't want to get too lengthy in my response, so just look it up.
  2. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? : Without a doubt, Hungary, Russia, Israel, UK, Belgium, Poland, etc. I know I will be going to Hungary, Poland, and Israel within my college career. OH and how could I forget: back to France!!!
  3. Style icon/inspiration? : I would say old Parisian glamor. My grandmother is as Parisian as it gets, and she still has that charm. I love old Parisian music and everything about it. I love my winged liner and red lipstick and pearls and diamonds.
  4. What is your one weakness, the thing you can never resist? : Hmm, a French man's charm, a major bargain on makeup, garlic, anything pretty, anything French. I think you get the point.
  5. Song of the moment? : I don't know if I exactly have one of the moment. Some that I have been loving more lately than ever are Ma Chérie by DJ Antoine, Je l'aime à mourir (both the Shakira version and the original by Francis Cabrel), and anything by Charles Aznavour!
  6. Biggest fear? : I think just the unknown of the future, and just that things won't work out the way I want them to. I don't want to end up alone. 
  7. Why did you start blogging? : I saw other bloggers on the MUG forum and I think I became more and more obsessed with makeup and I needed an outlet. None of my friends were really into makeup so I needed an outlet and a means to express my passion. 
  8. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? : I want to be PM of some country, but that's impossible since I was born in the US, so I guess maybe Secretary of State (of the US) or General Secretary of the UN. I would take any job in the UN, actually.
  9. City or country? Why? : I'm a big city girl! I was born and raised in the biggest city in my state, actually the #1 fastest growing city in the United States. I have to be in the city. I'm addicted to the excitement and the bustle and the shopping opportunities!
  10. Tell us something you've never put on your blog before. : Hmm, well I said a bunch already in the 11 facts about me. 
  11. What is/was the best moment of your life so far? : Going back to France with my bubbe and my uncle and my sister. I got to see where she was born, where she lived before she left France, and also where my great grandmother was interned before being deported to Auschwitz. That was the most special trip of my life.

And now for the questions that Hannah tagged me in:
  1. Are you into this Olympics stuff? Why? Not really. I caught some of the swimming earlier when the Hungarian guy won, but I'm not really interested in all the hype. I'm not very patriotic I guess?
  2. What's your favorite pass time, other than blogging? :  Shopping, talking to my love, politics, watching the news, debate, being up to date with foreign affairs, reading, learning, etc.
  3. What's something that has made you smile today? : As I type this, my uncle is next to me scanning his mother's (my bubbe's) wedding pictures onto his computer. She was so beautiful! I look just like her!
  4. Your dream job? : Refer to number 8 above.
  5. Three things you're happy with about yourself? : I'd like to think that I'm a very intelligent person. I have a lot of love and care in my heart. And I tend to smile a lot too.
  6. How do you keep yourself positive? : Honestly, during my darkest times, I think about what my family had to go through as Jews in Nazi-infested Europe, and I think about how good I have it. I remind myself that I'm making the ones who perished proud. 
  7. What is your favorite blog post to do/write? : Just looks. They're easy because all I have to do is take pictures in decent lighting, upload them, maybe tweak them a little, and put together a post. Not too hard. I also enjoy showing off my work. It's nothing special or especially creative, but it gives you a look into what I wear on certain days. I also love giving my honest opinions on products.
  8. How can you describe yourself? : I'm a passionate, intense, crazy, ultra-intelligent, and fascinating young woman.
  9. What is your one weakness? : My ever-so-charming French man who I am oh so in love with
  10. Favorite word ? : My favorite French words are putain, truc, and donc. I don't have any favorite words in English or any other language I speak I think. Maybe some other Yiddish words.
  11. Are you an animal fan? What is your favorite? : Well, I wouldn't consider myself an animal fan. I don't hate them. They're just not my thing?

The 11 people I tag:
Rebecca Ann at Rebecca's 3 R's
The two lovely ladies at Wyo Sparkles
Natalie at Loyal to Fashion
Sabrina and Geneviève at High Heels, Lipstick, and Glitters
Stephanie at Stephoosh
Becca at Becca and Beauty
Ellie at JustEllieeBeauty
 

My 11 questions for those tagged:
  1. What is your career/future career and/or dream career?
  2. What is your drive/motivation?
  3. What are you really interested in besides makeup and blogging?
  4. Do you have a degree? What kind of education do you have?
  5. If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you want to live?
  6. What languages do you speak?
  7. What's your favorite thing about blogging?
  8. What are your favorite simple pleasures? Guilty pleasures?
  9. Mac or PC?
  10. One person dead or alive that you would kill to meet?
  11. What is one thing you would change about yourself?

17 comments:

  1. Aw merci beaucoup! Sa représente beaucoup pour nous! Félicitation, tu le mérites!

    www.lipsticksandglitters.blogspot.com
    Sabrina & Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Félicitations à vous aussi ! Vous le méritez bien aussi ;)

      Delete
  2. Wooo a fellow IB survivor blogger! Nice to meet you :) I found you through the Blog Love Therapy Blog Hop xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how special! You were in IB too! That's the reason why starting out I couldn't keep up with the blog and the work. I am so happy that there's another one ;)

      If I haven't followed you back already, I will be doing so in just a second!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your award!! These types of posts are great! ^-^

    I found your blog on the blog hop and I am following :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I found you through the hop! :)

    http://dulcet-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you'd see this! You're very welcome gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award! I'm a new follower from the BLT hop! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you through Beauty Blog Hop! Followed!

    Follow back?
    http://thirteenfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    xoxo,
    Kendall & Tiana
    THIRTEEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't appear as though you are actually following me.

      Delete
  9. congrats on the award! just discovered your blog and I love it!
    I'm your newest follower -- hope you can check my blog out too! : )

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it, but it doesn't appear as though you're following me.

      Delete
  10. well done! new follower :) great blog x
    http://ellie-rosee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for tagging me! I was finally able to get my post up.
    http://drunkenbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You for tagging me :)
    I'm sorry it took me so long to right it aha

    http://elliesrandommusings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/the-libester-award.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...