Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Impromptu post : my go-to look plus some ramblings

Hey guys!

I wasn't really expecting to make this post, but I wanted to share this look with you as it is one of my favorite go-to looks and I got complimented on it today :)

So before I get into pictures, I just wanted to get a little personal and say that my family is going through a lot of stress right now. Blogging has been my escape from this. But I would like to say to keep my family in your thoughts, and if you're spiritual at all, prayers, because I think we'll definitely need it. That means that I'll probably be scheduling posts for the weekend since I won't have time to post. I might add more details to this issue later, depending on how personal I want to get with you.

On a lighter note, I wanted to share this song with you guys. It's my favorite jam right now. I wouldn't share it on a beauty blog if it wasn't absolutely imperative that you listen to it. :) Comment and let me know how you like it!!

Now, on to the look...

I understand that the quality of these photos is not good. I took them with my webcam at 8:30 pm after realizing how good it looked. I think you can get the jist even from pictures taken with PhotoBooth.

This is just basically a classy neutral eye with a bit of black liner and a statement lip. Some contouring and color on the cheeks, but nothing special.











I was in a major rush to get ready to be with family for things, so this is the look I went for! It's classy, gorgeous, and looks great with or without glasses! I would do this look for school when I was in a rush. I like having those go-to eyeshadow trios or quads that will look great with any lipstick color and look great with barely any work.

Products used: (Project Pan products in italics)
  • Revlon Colorstay foundation in Nude
  • Palladio Rice Powder in Natural
  • Clinique City Cover Compact Concealer SPF 15 in City Fair
  • Ulta Bronzer
  • ELF Natural Radiance Blush in Bronzed
  • Clinique Beyond Blusher in Peaches
  • NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder in Brown/Dark Brown
  • ELF Essentials eyeshadow primer in Sheer
  • Stila eyeshadow trio in Champagne Glow
  • ELF Liquid Eyeliner
  • Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Dark Chocolate
  • Covergirl Lashblast mascara
  • NYX Round Lipstick in Femme (my favorite!!!)

Let me know how you like this look! What's your go-to look when you're in a rush or have no inspiration?

6 comments:

  1. ahhh stop it right now! you are SO pretty! truthfully, i would never wear red lipstick if i'm ever in a rush -- it takes too much maintainence! instead i'll throw on some mascara and fill in my eyebrows a bit, and add some pretty champagne-colored eyeshadow in the inner corners of my eyes :) maybe some highlighter if i'm feeling adventurous as well!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) It's actually a red-orange lipstick, but looks red in the pictures, although I do wear red with this look as well.

      Yeah I would definitely not leave the house without mascara and filled in brows!

      Thanks for reading my blog ;) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog and you are gorgeous. I love seeing girls with glasses who rock the bold lips. I am now a new follower of yours :)


    dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your eyes!! the eyeshadows look amazing!! :)
    your blog is so cool! following u and i would be very happy if u would visit mine to and if u like it maybe also follow me back!!
    wish u a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like my blog. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...