Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Goodies from Bubbe!

Hey guys!

You know how whenever you go to your grandparents' house, they always want to give you stuff?

I was up north over my winter break visiting family and got a bunch of stuff! My bubbe (grandma) always buys a ton of expensive makeup and never ends up using it all. I mean, this woman will not buy makeup unless it is from the department store or Macy's. She spends a lot of money and then she'll decide she doesn't like something or doesn't know how to use it.

One day I had spent the night at her house and she was showing me all the makeup she uses. She always compliments me on my makeup, especially the way I do my eye makeup.

So then she pulls out a whole shoebox of Mac and Lancome makeup. She says to me in her charming little French accent, "I don't know how to use this. Jessie, you are the expert."

I guess this is like a "haul" post, except I didn't buy any of this.


Estée Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer: makes my skin feel really silky but I don't know if it prolongs wear
Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-in-Place foundation: a decent foundation
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flawless Wear concealer: I really love this concealer! Great full coverage

Mac Eyeshadows: (L-R) Beautiful Iris, Brûlé, Haux, Mythology, Naked Lunch, Scene, Shale, Carefree (Pro Longwear eyeshadow)

Lancôme Color Design Eye Brightening All-in-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in Mauve Chérie

L'Oréal eyeshadow quad in Summer Dusk (these shadows are GREAT for my brown eyes!)

Brushes (L-R): Sephora Professionnel 45 mineral powder brush, Bobbi Brown blush brush, Sephora Professionnel 40 powder brush, Chanel 10 brush (angled blush brush that I've been using to contour)

Have you guys used any of these products? Love them? Hate them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...