Friday, June 22, 2012

LOTD and another Target visit

Hey guys! I really meant it when I said I was back and that I was going to be posting a lot ;)

I'll start off by talking about my ELF/Target woes...
One of the ELF liquid liners I got in this haul was leaking from the bottom when I opened it... not good. So I took pictures of it, saved it, etc. to be able to exchange it out for another one. I've never had this problem before, so it's not like one leaky liner will completely change my opinion of the product.

Also, I had gotten one of the purple cream liners by ELF and at the time, when I opened it it was completely dried out. Well, I figured I would try it out and see if it worked. I wanted to use it today, but I couldn't use it at all. At the time, I didn't even think about returning it or anything (I bought it at Target), but today I decided I would try, along with the other eyeliner.

So I go to Target in the pouring rain, equipped with my two defective ELF liners. The guy at customer service was so nice and helpful! I didn't even need to show him the pictures of the liquid eyeliner all over my hand or have the cream eyeliner in the original packaging! All I had to do was go get two new ones and show my ID. Piece of cake.

Needless to say I'm a much happier woman now as I love my liquid liner and I really wanted that purple liner to work.

But please know that these are the only two products I have ever tried by ELF that have had something wrong with them. I love ELF products. I've usually never had issues with quality. I can assure you that these were definitely an exception and it should not keep you from trying out these products yourselves!

On to my LOTD...

As I have been trying to branch out and use things I have in my stash that I haven't used in a while, I went to one of my Clinique eyeshadow duos! (Also while contemplating a new post I have in store for you guys... ) It has a light gold and light purple with a hint of gold. I got it after using a friend's gold/purple eyeshadow duo from Loreal HIP, which I loved. This Clinique duo does not even compare... I can say that the HIP duo was much more pigmented and vibrant. In general, Clinique shadows are soft and not as pigmented. The advantage, though, is that there's never any fallout and the shadows practically blend themselves.

Once again, a pop of color :)

I took some pictures with Photobooth, and the rest with my iPhone, not in direct natural light (it's not sunny), and with:







One of the most frustrating things about doing my eyeliner, and blush/contouring even, is that the two sides of my face are shaped completely differently. It's the most bizarre thing actually. My cheek bones, brow bones, and eye sockets are all shaped differently and it makes makeup application really difficult. 

You can especially tell in this picture (with my eyes at least):




Onto the products I used...
Face
  • Monistat Chafing Gel (as a primer)
  • Revlon Colorstay foundation in Nude (200)
  • NYX Concealer in a Jar in Fair
  • Ulta Professional Concealer in Fair
  • Palladio Rice Powder in Natural
  • ELF Contouring Blush/Bronzer duo
  • ELF single pan eyeshadow in Pink Ice (as a highlight)
Eyes
  • NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
  • ELF Essentials eyeshadow primer in Golden
  • NYX eyeshadow base in matte white
  • Wetnwild Coloricon single eyeshadow in Brule 
  • ELF Essentials liquid eyeliner in black
  • Revlon Grow Luscious mascara
  • Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo in Beach Plum
Lips
  • Liplicious Cup Cakes lipgloss in Pink Chiffon

Some more random ramblings...

I've been using some new cleanser with a higher concentration of benzoyl peroxide to nip my breakouts in the bud. While I'm spreading the cleanser on my forehead, some gets on my eyelids, and now my eyelids are super dried out and burning. Perfect. I love my life.

I'm thinking about starting to do videos in addition to this blog. What would you guys think about that? Please send me any feedback concerning that. I would love to be a part of that, but I do have apprehensions. I would only do that if I actually had the viewers and support. I have been getting more followers on this blog, but I still don't think the support is there. If you guys would watch and enjoy, I would gladly add a Youtube channel to my passion for makeup.

I was also thinking about making this a bilingual blog (French/English). I do get views from Francophone countries, and perhaps I could get a more widened, diverse support if I wrote in two languages. I don't know. Any feedback on this idea too, please let me know!

My college roommate really wants me to teach her how to do makeup. It's so cute! I'll have pictures to post of that come August when we move in together ;)

Thank you guys so much for reading this super long post! Please let me know what you think about my look, ideas, etc. below in the comment box or you can find me on Twitter and Instagram @jessiefrancaise!










2 comments:

  1. You have some amazing full brows that I would honestly kill for! Seriously so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My mom and grandma think they're too thick :( But your compliment really means a lot! :) xoxo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...