Saturday, December 17, 2011

Celebratory LOTD and mini review

Like I said in my previous post, I said I would be blogging a lot more once winter break started and once I turned in everything.

So this is a LOTD I did last weekend. I know hot pink lips are in, so I wanted to try something out with that. Also, I keep forgetting I have this purple NYX liner. So I wanted to do something utilizing these two elements.

Here's what I came up with:





Here's what I used:
Face
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup in Alabaster
Clinique Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Pink Blush (I love this! It's just a classic pink blush that's so pretty and natural)

Eyes
ELF Mineral Eye Primer
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo in Chocolate Chip/French Vanilla
Bourjois Eyeshadow in Beige Rose
NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Plum Purple
Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara
Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

Lips
NYX Round Lipstick in Shiva (such a gorgeous color! I love it!)
ELF blush in Flushed (I just pressed this on top to mattify the lips and make it even more hot pink)

Now on to the mini review...
I have a lot of things to say about the NYX liner.
No swatches, sorry, I think you can see in the pictures above.

I had a lot of hopes for this. I love NYX... not the biggest fan anymore. I don't know what it is. I'm just losing my love for it, and not just due to this product.

Pros:
  • beautiful color
  • price
Cons:
  • the brush: it's like a crappy kindergarten paintbrush. It's hard to control the line.
  • the formula: it's way too watery. The liquidity basically dilutes the pigmentation and you end up having to pack on color
  • Once it's dried, it's flaky and caky and takes away from the beauty of the color
  • Since it's hard to control the line, a lot of the product ends up in my lashes. Even after I wipe the lashes, once it's time to put on some mascara, it gets all clumpy and spidery and gross. I hope you understand what I mean.
I'm sure there's more to add, but that's it in a nutshell. I wanted to love this, but I absolutely hate it. I'll probably continue using it, trying to make sense of it. I hate wasting makeup, even if I didn't spend that much on it.

Have you guys tried out this product? Anything to add? Any similar experiences? Absolutely loved it?
Please let me know!

And let me know what you guys think about the look I created. I'm not that crazy about it... I just don't think hot pink lips are for me. And the eyeliner just pisses me off.

I'll be posting a lot more for you guys, so keep following, commenting, and everything! Thanks so much for your support!

1 comment:

  1. You seemed to rock the "crappy kindergarten" brush! I have no idea what difficulty with application you were referring to. It looks freakin' awesome.
    Also, I have to admit that now that it's winter, I can't stand the hot pink lips on most people. It just looks too bright and unadequate for everyday looks. Then again, for a party look, you pretty much nailed it.

    Can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...